Saturday, October 22, 2011

Silly Feelings & Cold Feet

so 
kira
bob russ
and i 
successfully went 
pumpkin picking today!
i wore my 
overalls that didn't clasp on the one strap,
a red t-shirt
and my 
big
bulky
timberland wanna-be
boots.
i was truly feeling the farm atmosphere.
My pumpkin is
slightly green. 
he looks like he has green veins.
he's particularly round-ish.
kira got a happy pumpkin
who is perfectly "wide and spherical"-kira
tomorrow we plan 
to carve away at them.


funny fact about the russ family.
we get 
EXTREMELY
crafty when it comes to creative holidays.
which equals to just easter and halloween.
for easter, 
we bring out the fancy paper,
14 boxes of the fun things to do to eggs
such as tie dye, metallic, sparkles, etc.
we also have two hot glue guns that.
our eggs 
are
the finest
in the
land.
and so are our pumpkins.
we always go up to granna's house.
so 
me
kira
bob russ
and uncle todd
sit down
gut all the pumpkins
(saving the seeds of course to roast later)
and begin to artistically 
carve the vegetables. (fine, gourds)
its
a jolly time.
bob russ
and 
uncle todd
particularly get into it,
always trying to show up 
what they had done last year.
it will be interesting to see 
what this years 
will be like.


families can be funny
depending on who you are.
i always 
tend to hear
about 
the troubles and struggles 
in the families
of my friends.


my family has gone through a divorce.
4 years ago.
for the first two years,
i was filled with anger
and sorrow
and despair.
it was all that i could think about.
not a day went past that i didn't.
my family was perfect.
at least throughout my happy childhood i thought so.
and even now,
i still believe that.
it took me two years,
to finally figure out
that it was all 
for the better.
my father laughed more,
my mother smiled more. 
and after all that,
i can say,
that i have grown so much from it.
i love my family to death.
my sister
my father
my mother
my uncle
my grandmother
and my two deceased grandfathers.


so you should 
always
take the time
to truly wonder
if it's really okay
to continue fighting
and screaming.
let yourself be happy.
life is much more fun that way.
trust me
__________________________________________________________________


Picture of the Day


today, i found the book "awkward family photos" and this was 
my favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment